Friday, September 12, 2014

Louisville Rhinoplasty
Part 1- Me and the Nose


The nose is why I am in Louisville.  The nose is what makes years of surgical training worthwhile.  The nose is what gets me out of bed in the morning.  I decided to pursue Plastic Surgery training in Louisville, KY to learn the art of Rhinoplasty under one of the masters, Larry Florman, MD.  I learned the subtle nuances of a beautiful nose.  I learned how to create a beautiful nose efficiently, with little patient "down-time".  I learned the importance of a patient, family, and close friends noticing a change in the nose, all without having an "operated-on" appearance.  I learned to respect the nose.

Rhinoplasty is often considered one of the most difficult procedures in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  The reasons are numerous, but most importantly is the need for patience.  The changes made in the operating room do not fully manifest for many months.  There are ways to make rhinoplasty easier, but they come at the price of longer procedures and external scars.  Unfortunately, the nose does not like scars or long procedues.  Hence the importance of efficiency and respecting the nose.

The subtleties of Rhinoplasty will be covered in depth in the next sections.  I hope at the end, one can have a healthy respect for Rhinoplasty and understand a little more why I love the nose.

www.LittlePlasticSurgery.com
www.RhinoplastyLouisville.com

No comments:

Post a Comment